MATT, TRIP FACILITATOR
Matt in 3 words: Charismatic Fun Intentional.
Hailing originally from Medicine Hat, I came to Calgary to study Kinesiology and to train on the High Performance whitewater slalom kayaking team. In my third year of kinesiology, I was diagnosed with 2 separate brain tumors. After this kick in the pants, it was clear to me that I needed more direction in my life. So I hopped on the nursing bandwagon. I now work as registered nurse, and hope to pass on any iota of empathy I can towards my patients. The great outdoors holds a big place in my heart, and I’m very much looking forward to adventuring with everyone!
- What’s your favourite ’90s jam? I was in love with Blink 182
- What is your favourite outdoor activity? Cross Country skiing!
- What is the longest road trip you have ever done? 2 weeks, climbing in joshua tree and driving the coast of California is a “Jucy” van rental.
- What were you like in high school? I took french immersion and was a generally quiet kid.
- What are you known for? My amazingly hilarious pun jokes.
- Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? Easy. Spiderman. In the comics, Spiderman once made a boat with a working engine out of web. Batman wouldn’t stand a chance.
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? I’d be any color, as long as I’m sharp.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I think I’d like to be a professional bed tester. Haha, I’m lying.